Semalt Expert: How Email Marketing Relates To SEO
Search Engine Optimization stands on two main pillars, which increase website performance and site visits. On-site optimization operates with the layout, performance, elements, and keyword targets, that are relevant to the business and its viewers. Off-site optimization refers to external publications and inbound links that lead viewers to the website. Email marketing influences SEO through both of these components.
Jack Miller, the Customer Success Manager of Semalt Digital Services explains how email marketing campaigns influence your SEO performance directly and consequentially.
Email marketing campaigns directly influence search engine ranking because of the following reasons:
- Inbound links. The domain authority scale dictates performance on search engine by determining the number of links that direct people to a site, their diversity and the high authority of hosting sources. Strong inbound links will help you in reaching a competitive position. Email marketing influences members by creating links that associate with posts on the site, which ensures that access to them will remain in future.
- Content Promotion. Email marketing increases the visibility of general content. For example, incorporating a weekly or monthly blog indicates the most popular posts, increases traffic.
- On-site engagement. Google determines the relative value of a site by assessing its traffic excesses and the rate of user engagement. If you have a pool of active users, then search rankings of a website will be higher than if you did not have engaged audience.
These are secondary factors that improve website's search ranking through email marketing:
- Social Media Engagement. Activities from social media do not have any impact on SEO. However, distributing content and creating posts on social media means that the brand reaches a wider audience. The result is increased visibility thus creating an even greater potential to attract inbound links to the profile.
- Building Reputations. Email marketing helps to build a business's brand, thus attract new customers and keep the existing ones. The greater the reputation is, the higher is the chance of being featured in high-end publications, which leads to engaging influential people.
- Long-term consideration. Statistics gathered basing on the email marketing campaign helps to create sustainable strategies for the long term development. Using this information, it is possible to identify what are your ideal audiences and the most popular posts.
- Refrain from selling a specific action to the public. Instead, focus on generating original and valuable subject matter, material, and opportunities.
- One should let subscribers join the email list, sparked by interest.
- Sending out many emails may force subscribers to unsubscribe. Bulk content is annoying, and people consider it as a spam. Limit the content to a few vital points.
- Efficiency should be measurable. Email platform tracks opens and clicks, gives an insight on how audiences behave or interact with the material proposed.
Google does not crawl through emails. However, email marketing is not a bit useless for SEO as soon as it can affect the behavior of your followers, which may either boost or lower your search rankings. Clients of Semalt have proven the effectiveness of integrating email marketing to company's SEO strategy.